What To Bring
As with any outdoor activity (besides jogging) you need to invest in some gear. The catch with backcountry skiing and boarding is that you are buying life saving gear, so you want it to be current and of quality. Your avalanche equipment is not used to dig yourself out of an avalanche. It is to rescue someone else. So make sure you whole group has the proper essentials.
You will require the following gear and equipment for the AST 1 field day.
- Touring ski or snowboard gear including skins.
- Digital transceiver with fresh batteries. Probe and shovel.
- Warm clothing (we recommend that you dress warmer than a normal day).
- Backpack (Large enough for spare clothes, lunch, and avalanche equipment).
- Lunch and water. We will eat outdoors or in cabin.
- Helmet and goggles (balaclava if weather permits)
- Head lamp (flash light) just in case.
- Snow Saw w/ 30 cm blade (optional).
- Radio (FRS channel 4).
- Rental Gear. If you are in need of renting any gear please contact us. We can usually point you in the right direction.